Sunday 9 September 2012

why i choose media

Media...

I decided to choose media for a-level due to the fact that my cousin also took media as one of his a levels and according to him it was a fun and interesting a level alongside his other subjects. Taking that into consideration, i thought that it might be a good subject which would go well with my others which are art, ict and maths. Media fits in quiet nicely with art and ict therefore resulting in me going down into the path of some kind of designing and studying something like product design in university.

My first thought of A-level media before the lesson was that it's probably going to be quite a boring lesson which is going to be mainly writing and analyzing texts and newspaper articles however my option of media after the lesson had totally changed. After the discussion about what we are going to be doing in A-level media, it seemed to be quite a hands-on subject. The only issue for me personally is the coursework due to the fact that I've picked two other subjects; art and ict; which consist of a vast amount of it, however this should hopefully not be too much of a problem if i get my work up to date and meet deadlines and requirements.

Over the whole duration of the course, i hope to learn a lot about media and what it can offer me as a student. whether it's the route i want to go down is another story however i'm intending to keep an open mind for opportunities. I was told that you learn a lot about camera angles and certain camera shots. I was also told that you make a lot of video trailers and make magazine covers. If that be the case, then i'm pretty such i will enjoy media due to the fact i love art and design and therefore love drawing and creating posters and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment